Have you ever wondered why you can't just keep your hands in your pockets when someone asks for a volunteer? I have had this condition all my life but I am getting better with age.
I know more quickly which jobs are suited to me and which are not...for instance, if someone needs a volunteer to count money? A toddler would do a better job than me! Need help organizing a business agenda for the year 2012? I'm not the best choice.
But boy-o-boy, when it comes to something I am passionate about, especially when it concerns my kids...count me in!
I have this amazing ability to leap before I look creating all kinds of chaos at a level I didn't even know existed!
Somehow though at the end of the day, it is all so rewarding.
Through the extreme exhaustion and the piles of unfinished "other" business, I can still hear God say "well done good and faithful servant".
And...since I don't see any new treatment on the horizon for this condition I have, I felt it needed a name.."Willful Stupidity". Has kind of a ring to it, don't you think?
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
My adult children would probably all agree that I am afflicted with the same condition!!
You are back!!! I didn't even notice! Lisa, God is going to do so many amazing things in your life and I can't wait to see where He takes you! I already have a good idea, so now just sit back and... have peace that surpasses all understanding!
Let's go to Perky's soon!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Cute post. My sister has it too with anything involving my nieces! Must be pretty common!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I decided it was time to change it up a little and was glad you left a comment. I didn't even know you read it and it's listed on your sidebar! I am SO GLAD you left a comment so I could check your blog out too. I've had fun reading and will be back! :-)
Oh, my! I am in recovery for this condition! Thankfully, I am getting better and making progress. I guess when I realized that if I didn't do it...someone else would. And, if they didn't...life would go on, because it obviously wasn't a very big deal or SOMEONE would have done it!
I hope all that made sense. The main thing is...take the time to do what feeds your soul...it will not be a chore...and it will be enjoyable. It's when we are 'out of our element' that things become tedious and difficult.
Life will go on if you say "NO" occasionally!
Hey MamaJ,
I can so relate to your post. I've just got to learn to say "no" more often. I am getting better, with the help of my life coach (yes, I noticed you coach too).
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Cheryl
Happy Easter, Buddy!
Where are you?
Much Love to you, Owen, Keaton and McKenna!
Angie, Linc, Meghan and John
I love you, friend!
Ang xoxo
that is just way too good...
glad you are back
Post a Comment