Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Real Squash Soup Recipe

Don't make this soup until you read the post on Feb 24th for a good laugh!

This soup is the best if you use a good squash! :0)

Peel then steam quarters of:
1 butternut squash (big long pale yellow one)
2 sweet potatoes
2 medium onions

when soft, cool then puree in the blender

add:
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayanne pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half and half cream

YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Ummm. It's been a dark, dreary day here and I could use a bowl of it right now!

Angela Baylis said...

I know you have so much to share with your siesta's. Please keep writing...!
Love,
Angie xoxo

T♥RI said...

Hi!
Thanks for the comment! And also thanks for the suggestions! I'm not sure if we're going to have any more dances this year or not, but if we do I will try to bring that up.