Magnificent! Two swans gliding gracefully, effortlessly just above the surface of the cold water.
I woke up to a dusting of fresh snow and these beautiful white birds in flight. Everywhere white.
It reminded me of the spring when they were born: dark awkward and so dependent. They each scrambled to be first in line, pushing one another to be closest to their parents.
Their mottled gray fluff was so inconsistent with what they would become and yet...it was their beginning.
My beginning was much the same but not for only a season.
I came into this word needing much more than soap and water to clean me white as snow. And flight? Effortless flight? Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined.
But God invites us all to fly, to be free of the dependence on this earth. In fact, my walk,no different from the swans', still seems awkward at times, cumbersome and not natural. Every once in a while though, God gives me flight. And in that moment when my feet are lifted off the ground...I know, REALLY know my Creator. Without Him, swan or child of God, we cannot fly.
For this, I am forever thankful.
In His Grip,
Lisa
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You figured it out! I just KNEW you would like this blog! I love how you added your pictures! This is just what you needed... so you can share your epiphanies (sp?) with the whole world! All should be as blessed by your words as I am!
Happy THANKSgiving, friend!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love the cello myself and when I read that you played it, I just had to come check out your blog. I noted after I got here that you are new to this blogging world, so welcome! You will find great friends and great encouragment! Keep us posted on the book...how exciting!
What a nice surprise...thanks for coming by and visiting me at Gatherings. You are always welcome. I see you are a new blogger. Well, prepare to meet many wonderful people and learn more than you ever thought you wanted to know. I'll look forward to reading more of your thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I am enjoying the few days I have experienced blogging. Feel free to share "short cuts" if I seem to be missing something!
Hope you all have turkey yum in your tum!
Lisa J
Hello and Welcome to the town of Blogville! Thank you for stopping by my place. It's nice to "meet" you.
I have met some amazing christian women through blogging. I've had a rough year and they have been a true source of encouragement to me. I hope you find the same!
I like this post. My walk, physical, is very awkward right now, but I am thankful for His love and guidance. Soon, I will be taking off too!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I look forward to getting to know you better!
In Him, Amy
Hi there! Welcome to the "World of Blog"! You're gonna enjoy yourself here, I just know it! I can't tell you how many wonderful friends I've made here.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I hope you'll come by again...you're always welcome.
I've enjoyed my visit here and will come again.
I see you've already met 3 of my sweet blog friends - Angie, Dianne and Tonja.
Hugs!
Kat
Hi! Just came across your blog today, and I wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week! Come check it out! Thanks! Have a good weekend!
beautiful blog beginnings
weighty words
humble heart
your comments just jump out
when i read other blogs
you certainly have a gift
so glad to have met you
i've been deeply touched
by blogland
and i like what humble Amy wrote
and feel the same way
i have struggled through
most difficult year of life yet
and some day soon
I'll be back to flying but
just falling forward
at this point ans so grateful
to my beautiful God for life.
So very very nice to meet you!
Bev and Amy,
Thank you so much for the warmest words!
I really feel like this blog is a safe place for all of us to express our hearts without condemnation.
What a gift you all are to share your innermost.
In His Grip,
Lisa J
Post a Comment