Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The "Voice" of Reason

"Take this job and..." was the country western song blaring on my radio alarm. Harsh words. I laid there wondering if this was a sign. I have a job interview today because my current position is feeling pretty shaky.

I slow smile came over my face as I thought about the exciting opportunities that await me. No more crazy phone calls from irate customers. No more Sunday night data entry instead of family time. No more negotiations for an elderly woman without heat for three days.

This could be it. This interview today has the potential for life change...to do something of value with more focus on what I enjoy. I was going to rock today!

I got up and headed for the coffee pot and waited for my kids to emerge from their slumber.

Just then, my daughter turned the corner into the kitchen and said "Good Morning Mom". I turned to her and said...nothing! Absolutely nothing came out of my mouth! Laryngitis! Are you kidding me? What about the interview? I can't possibly...

Hmmmm. How odd. Two very strong but opposing messages...or were they? Who's Voice am I hearing?

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God..."

1 comment:

Angela Baylis said...

God knows what is best for you in regards to your job. Maybe He was trying to save you some time today with the whole Laryngitis thing! Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for! He has something better planned for you! I hope you get your voice back! Breath out= contentment... Breath in= prosperous! What a great word! How about a post about that one! Thank you for sharing with us tonight!
Love... & the longest hug ever!
Angie xoxo